The construction of the Raudonė Castle of Lithuania was started in the sixteenth century. This fabulous historic castle is located in Jurbarkas district of Lithuania. The name of the castle is also associated with the city Raudonė and the Raudonė castle is one of the most famous architectural structures in Lithuania.
The present formation of the castle is actually the developed construction done by Jeronimas, who was a governor and the secretary of the Lithuanian Grand Duchy Treasury in the middle of 17th century and he made the Raudonė castle his main residence. Actually, this was the time, when the Raudone Castle was looked after and maintained properly. During the 18th century, it was occupied by Olendskiai family who rebuilt the Raudonė castle several times according to classicism style. Later, Raudone castle was sold by Olendskiai to Zubovai family due to a fire broke up. Zubovai family entirely remodeled and completed the reconstruction in 1877.
During the First World War and the Second World War, the German armed forces destroyed the castle a lot. The Great Tower of the Raudone castle was also damaged and much of the construction was badly affected. After the Second World War, the Raudonė caslte was rebuilt and a primary school was here established which works till nowadays and is the only one school located in the castle in Lithuania. Today, the building of Raudone castle of Lithuania is considered as an example of 19th century neo-Gothic architecture.